ConExpo And The Coronavirus: An Update
By Mike Brezonick26 February 2020
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), organizer of ConExpo-Con/Agg and the co-located IFPE Show, released the following statement after the second day of the event:
We recognize the news about the new cases of COVID-19 in the Las Vegas area is a concern. Our top priority is focused on the health and safety of all participants at CONEXPO-CON/AGG & IFPE 2020, including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, staff, industry partners, and others involved in the show.
Today the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority released a statement sharing the Southern Nevada Health District’s (SNHD) reiteration that “Clark County residents and visitors remain at ‘low risk’ of contracting the virus”. The full statement can be read here.
We will continue to host the show through 3 p.m. on March 14.
We are continually monitoring the situation and will respond to any recommendations set by the U.S. Government or its agencies. We will continue to be transparent in our communications if new information develops.
Our Show Management has taken steps to address the spread of germs by providing heightened levels of cleanliness, including:
- Working with the LVCC to ensure additional hand sanitizers are provided throughout the shows, including Festival Grounds and Westgate.
- Providing hand sanitizers in all registration areas, media rooms, information stands, the international trade center, meeting/education spaces, workforce and VIP areas, including several areas on the show grounds.
- Providing additional hand sanitizers and cleaning protocols in all monorail stations.
- Adding staff to increase cleaning of all common areas using strong disinfectant to clean those areas used more frequently, especially tables, keyboards/screens, door handles, etc.
- Encouraging a “no handshake” policy onsite and providing buttons and stickers to attendees and exhibitors.