United’s Flannery recognized by National Safety Council
31 January 2022
The National Safety Council (NSC) has named United Rentals’ CEO Matt Flannery as one of the nation’s top safety leaders in its 2022 CEOs Who ‘Get It’ list.
The annual NSC recognition is “presented to safety leaders who go the extra mile to protect employees both on and off the job.”
The 2022 list honors CEOs who have built their organizations’ safety strategy using four key components: risk reduction, performance measurement, safety management solutions and leadership and employee engagement, according to NSC. This year’s list features nine CEOs.
In a Q&A with the NSC’s Safety & Health magazine, Flannery said his goal is “not just for employees to go home as they arrived, but for employees to go home even better than they arrive each day – safe, inspired, and motivated.”
Flannery continued, “Safety is a way of life at United Rentals and a core piece of our purpose. It is our first thought in everything we do at work, on the road and at home. This National Safety Council recognition is a tribute to all United Rentals employees who work united for the safety of our teams, communities and customers.”
This year’s CEO recipients included:
- Revathi Advaithi, CEO, Flex
- David B. Burritt, president and CEO, United States Steel Corp.
- Brian Evans, president and CEO, Environmental Air Systems
- Brian L. Fielkow, CEO, Jetco Delivery LLC
- Matthew Flannery, CEO, United Rentals Inc.
- Andrés Gluski, president and CEO, AES Corp.
- Mike Greenawalt, CEO, Rosendin
- Vijay Manthripragada, CEO, Montrose Environmental Group
- Nick Stanage, chair, CEO and president, Hexcel Corp.
“This group sets the standard for a commitment to excellence in safety, creating a safer world for all to live and work in,” said Lorraine Martin, NSC president and CEO.
“We are proud to present this year’s list of CEOs Who ‘Get It’ to celebrate the safety heroes who lead their teams to success so they can live their fullest lives.”