New Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tires
By Mike Brezonick13 January 2016
Uniroyal announced the launch of six commercial truck tires in the U.S. market intended to provide an affordable offering for a variety of on- and off-highway applications. The new Uniroyal line consists of six tread designs with 28 sizes:
- LS24 long-haul, all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- LT40 long-haul and regional trailer tire
- RS20 regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- RD30 regional and long-haul drive tire
- HS50 on- and off-road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- HD60 on- and off-road drive tire
Two of the tires, Uniroyal RS20 and LS24, are U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay-verified. According to the EPA, the SmartWay program develops test protocols, reviews strategies and verifies the performance of vehicles, technologies and equipment that have the potential to reduce greenhouse gases and other air pollutants from freight transport.
The new tires offer DuraShield construction, which the company said provides a combination of features for durability, dependability and retreadability. Three such features — including pyramidal steel belts, insulating belt edge strips and a heavy gauge inner liner — work together to reduce stress, promote endurance and protect the tire’s casing, Uniroyal said.