Finalists named for Diesel Progress Summit Awards
30 August 2021
The awards nominees for the third Diesel Progress Summit and Awards have been selected. The Diesel Progress Awards nominees were selected by an independent panel of judges, with awards to be given in eight categories.
The Diesel Progress Summit is a unique one-day conference and awards dinner for the engine and powertrain technology industry. The event covers technologies used in off-highway machinery used in construction, agriculture, mining, forestry, and marine, as well as on-highway commercial vehicles. Returning as a live event after the COVID year of 2020, the Diesel Progress Summit and Awards will be held Oct. 26 at the Loew’s Chicago O’Hare hotel in Rosemont, Ill. The theme of the Summit is “Power Technologies for Today and Tomorrow.”
The awards are intended to honor excellence and achievement in the engine and powertrain industries. Past award winners have included John Deere Power Systems, Dana, Caterpillar, Hatz, Kohler, Briggs & Stratton Vanguard and Meritor.
And the nominees for 2021 are:
Engine of the Year Under 175 hp
- The Deutz TCD 2.9.
- The JCB 430 DieselMax.
Engine of the Year Over 175 hp
- The Deutz TCD 13.5.
- The Volvo Penta D16.
Electric or Hybrid Application of the Year
- The Allison eGen Flex.
- The Deutz Hybrid Power Tree.
- The Skylift MD6000 E-Series Digger Derrick.
Employer of the Year
- Anderson Industrial Engine, Omaha, Neb.
- Catalytic Combustion Corp., Bloomer, Wis.
Engine Distributor of the Year – North America
- Deutz Power Center Florida – South, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Iowa Power Products, Iowa Falls, Ia.
- Melton Sales and Service, Columbus, N.J.
Engine Distributor of the Year – International
- Brinkmann & Niemeijer (B&N), Gelderland, the Netherlands
- NPS Diesel B.V., Ravenstein, the Netherlands
New Power Technology
- The Dana ePowertrain.
- The Hatz Digital Solutions.
- The Honda eGx.
A final award, the Diesel Progress Achievement of the Year, is selected from among the category winners and will be announced at the event.
The finalists were selected by a panel of independent judges that consisted of:
- David Hoffman, former director, Global Sales, Marketing and Customer Support at John Deere Power Systems.
- Steve Neva, International Standards and Regulations Manager at Doosan Bobcat North America.
- Jim Saunders, Business Development and MurCal, Inc.
For more information on the Summit and how to attend, go to https://dieselprogresssummit.com/.