Epiroc acquires remainder of Mobilaris

By Mike Brezonick02 November 2021

Swedish mining and infrastructure specialist Epiroc announced it has acquired the remaining shares of Mobilaris MCE AB, a Sweden-based company that provides advanced situational awareness solutions designed to optimize operations in mining and civil engineering. Final details were not provided. 

Epiroc Mobilaris system Epiroc has acquired the remaining shares of Mobilaris MCE AB, a Sweden-based company that provides advanced situational awareness solutions designed to optimize operations in mining and civil engineering.

Mobilaris Mining and Civil Engineering (MCE), based in Luleå, Sweden, is a global supplier of solutions that use data from personnel and machines to present real-time positioning and detailed status information in an advanced 3D user interface. The solution can create significant benefits for mining and civil engineering, including shortening evacuation times, optimizing traffic flow, improving work conditions and reducing emissions.

Epiroc previously owned 34% of Mobilaris MCE and acquired the remaining 66%. Mobilaris MCE, which was a subsidiary of Mobilaris AB, has about 50 employees and had revenues of about SEK 60 million (US$7 million) in 2020.

“Epiroc and the innovative team at Mobilaris MCE are already working closely together to provide situational awareness that boosts customers’ personnel safety and operational productivity,” said Epiroc President and CEO Helena Hedblom. “We will now incorporate their solutions fully in our comprehensive offering of 6th Sense digital solutions.”

MAGAZINES
Latest News
Freightliner all-electric eCascadia enters series production
Daimler Truck’s Freightliner brand announces all-electric vehicle will enter series production in North America in 2022
Hydrogen compression test facility
SIAD MI opens hydrogen compressor testing in Italy 
Eaton’s circuit protection combination enhances EV protection
Battery disconnect unit (BDU) plus Breaktor circuit protection combine to protect electrified vehicles