Parker Buys Flow Control Specialist

Posted on November 13, 2012

Parker Hannifin announced that it has acquired PGI International, a Houston-headquartered designer and manufacturer of specialized, high-pressure flow control components and systems for oil & gas, agriculture, and petrochemical applications. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

"This acquisition will strengthen Parker's position in the oil & gas and general instrumentation markets," said John Greco, vice president and president - Instrumentation Group. "The addition of PGI provides product and manufacturing technologies and expanded systems capabilities along with a solid name in the industry. We are excited about the opportunities to combine our organizations to allow us to extend more solutions to our customers."

PGI International has sales of approximately $100 million and 550 employees, and their products are used to enable safe and reliable connection, isolation, measurement and control of high-pressure fluids. The acquired company will become a part of Parker's Instrumentation Group and approximately 80% of revenues will be reported in the North American Industrial segment and the remaining 20% will be reported in the International Industrial segment.

Advertisement
Advertisement