Over 129,000 For ConExpo-Con/Agg & IFPE
The recently concluded ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE 2014 held in Las Vegas March 4-8 had a total registration of 129,364, the second-highest attendance in history, surpassed only by the 2008 edition of the co-located shows. The shows also set new records for exhibit space, number of exhibitors and education tickets sold.
ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE also reported international registrations totaling more than 31,000, or a increase of 9% from the most recent events. The number of countries represented increased to 170 from 159 in 2011, and the number of international attendees matched the record 24 percent of total attendance set in 2011. International attendance drew heavily from Latin America, China, Canada, and Europe.
Further, show organizers reported that more than 75 percent of show visitors were in managerial roles (with 36 percent of these with the top titles of president/owner and vice president/general manager/chief financial officer).
Both shows also set new records for exhibit space and number of exhibitors, ConExpo-Con/Agg with more than 2.35 million net square feet of exhibit space and more than 2000 exhibitors, and IFPE with more than 161,000 net square feet and 400 exhibitors.
Other highlights from the shows included:
• Eight international exhibit pavilions: CONEXPO-CON/AGG with China, Ireland, Korea, Spain and United Kingdom, and IFPE with China, Italy and Taiwan.
• Innovation Awards program from Diesel Progress magazine and global powertrain specialist ZF Friedrichshafen.
• A record 41,000 education ticket sales were sold to the shows’ education programs.
• Young Leaders event (from Construction Equipment magazine)
• More than 95 allied associations and groups were official supporting organizations, coming from the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries worldwide.
• The ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014 education program covered 120 sessions over 10 targeted tracks. The IFPE Technical Conference anchored IFPE 2014 education, joined by half-day “college-level courses” and a new Fluid Power Seminar series.
• IFPE featured exhibit pavilions from the Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) and for sensors manufacturers and product suppliers.Edit Module