And the Innovations Awards Went To...
The first CONEXPO-CON/AGG Innovation Award recipients were revealed in a ceremony at the ZF Friedrichshafen stand at CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The Innovation Awards were initiated to recognize innovative machine design in five distinct categories — earthmoving, lifting, roadbuilding, concrete machinery and compact equipment. The winners were chosen by an online vote consisting of pre-registered attendees of CONEXPO-CON/AGG and the readership of Diesel Progress and Diesel Progress International magazines.
And the voters selected:
- In the category of Earthmoving Equipment - the Caterpillar 336E Hybrid Excavator.
- In the Lifting Equipment segment - the Manitowoc MLC165 Lattice Boom Crawler Crane.
- In the category of Roadbuilding Equipment - the Roadtec RX-600e Milling Machine.
- In the Concrete Equipment category - the Terex Front Discharge Ready Mix Truck.
- In the Compact Equipment category - the Caterpillar D Series Skid-Steer/CTLs.
Also recognized was the random voter selected to win the special prize of a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet. The winner was Chris Caldwell, equipment logistics foreman, Branch Highways, from Roanoke, Va.Edit Module